Just getting started...

This is a new endeavor for me. Please take a look around and attempt to make a comment on posts that you find interesting. If you have trouble, please contact me through the geocaching.com website - tufelhundin. I may not have the ability to comment tweaked just right. Thanks and keep cachin' on. ~tufelhundin~

2012-04-13

TB Tollbooth, or river Styx to TB Graveyard

So, I went to Amboy Crater yesterday to find a travel bug that I have been dying to see. It was hiding in Amboy Rt 66 TB Tollbooth ... After getting there, I find that the TB I wanted to see, Nipa Filipino Hut TB, plus another aren't hiding there. They were cowering in fear for being taken hostage and never being heard from again. There were some 14 or so TBs listed for the cache, but only 2 were actually there. More like HOSTEL, see the movie, than a TB way station. I rescued both from there and then sent a sad, but hopeful email to each of the missing TB owners. I asked if they could mark their travelling friends as missing, for now. I do hope their friends pop back up someday. I went to the cache with travelling friends in hand, ready to swap, but the prospect of dropping them into the graveyard did not appeal to me. What is worse, is that all those TBs were either LOST on purpose, or because people either forgot to or didn't know how to properly log them from a Premium Member only cache. So who is doing it?

Surreal Landscape. Check it out.

I will find the extra TB I found there a new home Saturday near Desert Hot Springs, but the Hut will travel with me a little while. I started carving my own last night, so it will have a companion.

I'm not looking to start another "Where did my TB go?" or "Goodbye poor TB" conversation. There are too many already, sadly enough. If you find some great ones, mention them here. Don't include the findit code or a picture that shows the findit code. If a few good ones pop up here, I'll start a thread about that and we can just see awesome trackables.

~tufelhundin~
Let's cache!

No comments: